Recently I had noticed that the version of Marlin I was using on my 3D printer (using a PrintrBoard as the control board) was Marlin v1.0.0 RC2 and looking on GitHub there had been quite a few changes since this version was released.
Although a lot of work making it compatible with a PrintrBoard had already been included I needed to make a few alterations to get it working fully.
Code alterations I’ve made include:
- change motherboard, temp sensors, endstops not inverting, included SD and LCD support to Configuration.h
- swapped Y endstop pin to E endstop pin, added LCD, encoder and SD card pins to pins.h
Obvious updates include:
- X & Y location on LCD home screen
- Long filenames on SD card support
- Move Axis by 10mm, 1mm or 0.1mm increments
You can download the version of Marlin I’m using here. Don’t forget to adjust the calibration figures to your printers requirements.